Monday, January 11, 2016

Playing with cardboard and paints

Before Christmas I was given 'Permission To Play' by following along with Carolyn Dube from A Colorful Journey blog and started making a little cardboard book.

If you would like to follow along, Carolyn has generously offered this tutorial for absolutely free. Just click on the Permission to Play link and register. You will be guaranteed lots of fun and gain lots of inspiration from Carolyn who has a fun way of showing us how to be free with our art. There is a Facebook page where you can share your work called A Colorful Place to Play.

Here is my little book which I am calling finished - but may not be!F

FRONT PAGE

.BACK PAGE

On Sunday I decided to play around with some fabric paints I have had for years and years. They are a Jaquard product, Dye-Na-Flow. They are easy to use, very saturated colour and can be used on many surfaces. I colourised some backgrounds of pieces of white cotton I had used to try out different techniques. Silly me forgot to take before photos but I was very happy with the finished pieces.

While I was at it I used them on my art apron too which I had made before Christmas. It is going to be worn at our new textile art group gatherings at Toowoomba Quilters. We call ourselves TAG - Textile Art Group. A lot of the backgrounds of the collaged pieces were white so I went to town with COLOUR!! Makes me happy now.

Until next time, have fun, Dianne.

 

7 comments:

Stitching Lady said...

Dianne thats wonderful what you are showing. The book looks like much work but a tremendous lot of fun, too. And your apron !!! Good. And nice to see you in it.

shirley said...

Your book is fantastic!!! Love all the pages, cant work out a favourite. You are going to be a "star" in your apron at TAG...congratulations on so much completed work with your busy schedule at present.

ChrisD said...

wonderful work Di. Love the apron

Jen said...

Hello Dianne, a long time since we had a chat, I don't know where the time goes, I just love your Art journal It is very creative and designed lovely ,It seems to be a talent you have revealing the lovely shades of paint in the book. It is awesome. So is the Apron fabrics.
We are going to Scotts Head the last half of February .On your way down south call in and stay for a bit .We are mainly having a good rest and some beach fishing, It would be great to catch up. xx

Marilyn said...

Your book or pages are terrific. Love how you have jazzed up the apron too.

Özge Başağaç said...

I love playing with fabric. I have never tried fabric paint yet. I have always used acrylic as i had it on hand.Your apron looks fantastic :)

SUSSEXMOUSE said...

I haven't played with fabric paint yet. I love what you have done to your Apron.